Vetnor Board of Education District Mission Statement
The Ventnor City Public Schools' Board of Education and staff are committed to preparing today's youth for tomorrow's challenges through a curriculum based on solid, researched and focused academic training. Within the context of the academic curriculum, we shall foster cognitive development, creativity, curiosity, self-esteem and self-discipline; the end product being a student with the knowledge, self-confidence and desire to succeed in life.
To this end, the Ventnor City Public School District will provide the following:
Comprehensive curricular and instructional programs aligned with the New Jersey Common Core Standards featuring high expectations and flexibility to meet the needs of the individual student.
An environment in which every employee takes personal responsibility for fostering an appreciation of cultural diversity wherein all students and staff can reach their potential.
Broad educational opportunities to build technical and social successes.
Excellent role models to foster good citizenship, self-discipline and responsibility.
Accountability and fiscal responsibility to our community.
To accomplish this Mission, the Ventnor City Board of Education believes that the following components are essential and that the Board will make every effort to ensure that our schools:
- Provide a safe and orderly environment for our students and staff where there is a purposeful business like atmosphere which is free from the threat of physical harm. The school climate will not be oppressive and will be conducive to teaching and learning.
- Promote a climate of high expectation in which the staff believes and demonstrates that all students can attain mastery of the essential school skills, and that they have the capacity to help all students attain that mastery.
- To provide instructional leadership through the district's administrative team.
- Have a clearly articulated school mission through which the staff shares an understanding of and a commitment to the instructional goals, priorities, assessment procedures and accountability.
- Provide opportunities for our students to learn and improve time on task through a variety of instructional strategies.
- Monitor student progress using assessment procedures that provide results that are used to improve individual student performance and to improve the instructional program.
- Foster positive home-school relations whereby the parents of our students play an important role in helping the district achieve its mission.